Rules on e-Filing (A.M. No. 10-3-7-SC; full text)
Republic of the Philippines
Please take notice that the Court en banc issued a Resolution dated September 10, 2013, which reads as follows:
“A.M. No. 10-3-7-SC (Re: Proposed Rules on E-Filing) and A.M. No. 11-9-4-SC (Re: Proposed Rule for the Efficient Use of Paper). – The Court Resolved to
(a) NOTE the Letter dated September 5, 2013 of Mr. Edilberto A. Davis, Acting Chief, Management Information Systems Office, submitting the Proposed Guidelines on Submission and Processing of Soft Copies of Supreme Court- bound Papers Pursuant to the Efficient Use of Paper Rule; and
(b) APPROVE the aforesaid Proposed Guidelines on Submission and Processing of Soft Copies of Supreme Court-bound Papers Pursuant to the Efficient Use of Paper Rule, to wit:
GUIDELINES ON SUBMISSION AND PROCESSING OF SOFT COPIES OF SUPREME COURT-BOUND PAPERS PURSUANT TO THE EFFICIENT USE OF PAPER RULE
(1) Soft copies of all Supreme Court-bound papers and their annexes must be submitted simultaneously with the hard copy if by compact disc (CD) or within twenty-four (24) hours from the filing of the hard copy if by e-mail. It must be understood, however, that the paper shall be deemed to have been filed on the date and time of filing of the hard copy and not the soft copy.
(2) The soft copies must be in PDF and individually saved, as well as individually attached to the e-mail, if applicable. The filename of the soft copy must be the same as the document title.
Petition for Review should have a file name “Petition for Review.pdf”
Annex A should have a file name “Annex A.pdf”
(3) Soft copies submitted by e-mail must be addressed to the appropriate docketing office, to wit:
|Case Type||Docketing Office||E-Mail Address|
|Judicial cases||Judicial Records Office (JRO)||email@example.com|
|Administrative complaints against personnel of the SC and its decentralized units (e.g., OCA, PHILJA, JBC, MCLEO)||Office of Administrative Services, SC (OAS-SC)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Administrative complaints and matters involving the Court of Appeals, Sandiganbayan, Court of Tax Appeals and lower courts, its justices, judges and personnel||Documentation Division, Legal Office, OCAemail@example.com|
|Administrative matters involving the SC and its decentralized units||Office of the Clerk of Court En Bancfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Complaints against lawyers and other bar matters||Office of the Bar Confidant (OBC)||email@example.com|
(4) The above docketing offices have the primary responsibility of ensuring that all Supreme Court-bound papers have the corresponding soft copies. They shall also be responsible for the safekeeping and archiving of the CDs.
(5) The e-mail shall use the following format:
To : [e-mail address of the appropriate docketing office]
From : [filer’s e-mail address]
Subject : G.R. No. 123456 (John Doe vs. Juan dela Cruz)
Attachments : [Petition for Review.pdf], [Annex A.pdf], [Annex B.pdf]
(Sample body of e-mail)
|Case Number: G.R. No. 123456
Case Title: John Doe vs. Juan dela Cruz
Name of Filing Party: John Doe
Contact Numbers: (02) 888-9900 (landline), 0900-1112233 (cp)
Other e-mail address/es, if any: [filer’s other e-mail address/es]
Title of Attached Documents:
(6) A CD or an e-mail shall contain only electronic documents pertaining to one case. In the same manner, all soft copies of Supreme Court-bound papers and their annexes pertaining to the same case shall be saved in one CD or attached to one e-mail. In case the total file size of the electronic documents exceeds the maximum size of the CD or the maximum size allowed for uploading by the e-mail service being used by the filer, the electronic documents may be saved in different CDs or e-mailed in batches, but must b e clearly marked and/or follow the format prescribed above.
(7) The filer shall also attach to the CD or the e-mail a verified declaration that the pleading and annexes submitted electronically are complete and true copies of the printed document and annexes filed with the Supreme Court. The declaration shall use the following format:
I, _____________________________, hereby declare that the document/s (and annexes thereof) hereto submitted electronically in accordance with the Efficient use of Paper Rule is/are complete and true copy/ies of the document/s (and annexes) filed with the Supreme Court.
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO before me on this _____ day of _____2013, affiant exhibiting his/her competent evidence of identity, to wit: ______________________.
Person Administering Oath
Doc. No.: _________;
Page No.: _________;
Book No.: _________;
Series of 20______.
The declaration attached to the CD must be original, while the declaration attached to the e-mail must be in PDF.
(8) Only designated personnel of the concerned docketing office shall have authority to open the CDE or access the e-mail. This is to ensure that the security and confidentiality of electronically-submitted documents, which may include internal memoranda, are not compromised.
(9) Aforesaid designated personnel shall upload a copy of the electronic document to the primary back-up, and then, transmit the electronic document to the division (En Banc, 1st, 2nd, 3rd) to which the case or matter is assigned.
(10) The said division shall create folders for each case (case folder) and subfolders for each pleading, motion or similar paper transmitted to it by the docketing office (document subfolder), provided that annexes shall be contained in the same subfolder as the pleading, motion or similar paper to which they are annexed.
(11) The case folder must be name according to docket number, while the document subfolder must be named according to the title of the document and the date of filing.
For uniformity, the case folder shall use the appropriate prefix (G.R., UDK, A.M., IPI, OCA IPI, A.C., B.M.), followed by a space, and then, by the exact number given by the docketing office, without using “No.”[Sample: G.P. 123456]
The document subfolder shall clearly indicate the title of the document, the name of the party-filler and the filing date in YYYY-MM-DD format. [Sample: Petition for Certiorari Imbong, et al. 2013-01-31]
(12) After creating the appropriate folder and/or subfolder, the said division shall upload the same to the e-filing network. At this point, only the said division may add, delete or move files or folders in the e-filing network.
(13) In case of consolidation of cases, the division concerned shall create a new folder containing all the consolidated cases, and this new folder shall be named according to the docket number of the controlling case, followed by, et al., [G.R. 204819, et al]
In case of deconsolidation of cases, the division concerned shall deconsolidate the case folders accordingly.
(14) Authorized users from the following offices may view and download such electronic documents in the e-filing network which concern their office or division: Offices of the Chief Justice and Associate Justices, Offices of the Clerk of Court, OCA, JRO OBC, and OAS-SC.
(15) The MISO shall set up a similar system for cases and matters of the Presidential Electoral Tribunal.”
 See Resolution dated November 27, 2012 in A.M. No. 12-11-6-SC (Re: Proposed Guidelines in the Docketing and Reporting of Certain Administrative Matters).
 This is useful in consolidated cases or in cases with multiple parties.